Are you looking for a career change? Curious about the current job market? As a national search and advisory firm for the commercial real estate industry, we offer insight into job growth and trends.
Where’s Growth Happening?
A significant number of our current searches are taking place in the Southeast from Texas to Florida and into the Carolinas. Why? Southern states boast business-friendly policies, low taxes, desirable quality of life and mild weather.
Which Skills Are Needed?
Job seekers strong in these skill sets are well-positioned to secure new employment.
- Technology: Job seekers need to not only know how to secure relevant data but also how to apply it to improve systems and processes and make sound decisions, positively impacting the bottom line.
- Leasing: Job seekers who are solid self-starters who understand the financial perspective of a deal and can negotiate effectively are in high demand.
- Finance: Real Estate companies are seeking professionals who understand finance—Excel and Argus skills are particularly sought after.
Which Disciplines Are Growing?
The industry disciplines in which Poline Search Partners is seeing the most growth right now are:
- Development + New Construction: Even despite supply-chain and inflationary headwinds, growth in single-tenant and multi-tenant retail development remains strong as demand for restaurants, automotive and other convenience uses continues to grow.
- Property Management: Property Managers seeking jobs need to demonstrate how they’ve previously reduced expenses and maximized property income for previous employers.
- Leasing: Leasing Agents seeking jobs must make evident their ability to be assertive and take initiative because at the end of the day, they must find the deals.
Job Seekers Should Be Prepared
If you are looking for a new position or to change careers, it’s essential to stay prepared for job searching. How can you do this?
- Keep your LinkedIn profile and resume current
- Clearly demonstrate your productivity, whether in the form of a deal sheet, a management portfolio, or value delivered to previous employers
- Visit Insights & Resources on Poline Search Partners’ website. Here’s a sample of relevant blog:
Poline Search Partners is a trusted partner in the job search process. Contact us today if you would like to learn more.